Senior earns first individual crown of 2016-17 season
Monmouth: 2 of 13, 9-3 record
TOWSON, MD – Senior Kaitlyn Reth’s individual crown, a pair of top-10 finishes by Jackie Evans and Haley Solberg helped the Monmouth University bowling team place second at the 2017 James Brown Invitational at over the weekend at Towson Lanes.
Reth’s average of 212.2 over five traditional games led all bowlers, while Evans took seventh with a 197.4 average and Solberg finished eighth with a score of 196.8.
As a team, Monmouth went 9-3 during the three-day event, including a 4-1 record in both Baker and Traditional play on Friday and Saturday, respectively.
NOTES & QUOTES
“We improved from last weekend and need to keep the same work ethic and momentum heading into the Hawk Flight Invite.”
– Director of Bowling Karen Grygiel
– Reth placed in the top-10 for the fifth time in 2016-17.
– Evans also earned her fifth top-10 finish of the season.
– The No. 12 ranked Hawks went 1-2 against No. 15 Saint Francis, and defeated No. 22 Norfolk State and No. 25 Saint Francis Brooklyn.
– Monmouth took second as a team for the second time in 2016-17 (UMES Hawk Classic).
– Monmouth’s highest pin total in Baker format was 1,013 against Morgan State, when the Hawks earned their largest victory by 182 pins.
– The Hawks’ largest win in traditional match play was its 1,114 – 776 victory over No. 22 Norfolk State.
– Julie Bianco led Monmouth with a 254 high game in traditional match play.
Monmouth hosts the Hawk Flight Invite, which begins on Friday, March 3. The event will be held at King Pin Lanes in Egg Harbor Twp, NJ.